Did you know that tonneau covers have been used by car and truck owners for hundreds of years to protect their cargo?
If you’ve been a reader of my blog, you’ll know that I love Gator products. But, the SFX is getting harder and harder to locate.
In my circles, people have mentioned Lund as one of the most durable soft tri-fold covers on the market in 2022.
I set out to give Lund Genesis Elite a complete, unbiased review so you don’t have to go through the trouble of testing it yourself.
Who Is This Tonneau Cover For?
This cover is ideal for any truck user who needs something to protect the truck bed, as well as any cargo. It is not a permanent fixture, so anyone looking for that kind of setup would be disappointed. Still, it is a very sturdy and durable cover.
With this product, you do not need any extra tools or accessories. You get everything you need to put the cover on your truck, which is the cover itself.
Overview of Features
- The Gator SFX Soft Tri-Fold Truck Bed Tonneau Cover offers a lifetime warranty, which gives buyers peace of mind. You know a manufacturer trusts in its product when they are willing to back up their claims of durability. You also get a 10-year warranty for the product’s frames.
- The cover is tear-resistant, which means it will last that much longer. Aluminum is used for better support and strength. It also features a sleek design that is said to help the cover last longer.
- It should be noted that, if there should be any modifications made, this has to be done by a certified expert. It is still very easy to learn how to use the cover, and installation is pretty simple.
- The cover’s affordability also works in its favor. It is not extremely expensive, but it does not sacrifice quality to save on money. You often hear ‘you get what you pay for, but with this cover, you get a real bang for your buck.
- The cover is water resistant, so you do not have to worry too much about driving while it is raining outside. In addition, if you are expecting rainy weather and need to transport something, you need not stress. Your cargo will be protected against nature and her moods.
- It has been found that the product’s brackets are a little flimsy, so it might be necessary to keep that in mind. It should not be a problem, but knowing about something that could be a bit of an issue is always good.
- You can also find this cover for many other trucks, not just Ford. The versatility of the cover is another thing that makes it very popular.
How To Install Gator SFX Soft Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
The installation of this cover is very simple and can be done within minutes. There is no need for any extra or special tools to be hauled from the garage. You simply have to follow the easy instructions in the manual. The cover will be installed on your truck within about 10 minutes by just clamping on the rails.
If you do end up finding it tricky or confusing, you can always check out this handy video:
Is Gator SFX waterproof?
Even though truck bed covers are not waterproof, they play an essential role in keeping water out of your cargo area.
The Gator is an aftermarket truck bed cover that has been engineered from the bed up to withstand the elements. They are designed to provide protection against moisture and moisture, and dust while allowing full access to the contents of your pickup bed.
Here is a more in-depth article if you want to know more about waterproof tonneau covers.
Are Gator Tonneau Covers Universal?
Tonneau covers are not universal. Gator covers or any tonneau cover, for that matter, is NOT universal. While you can try to fit a tonneau cover from one truck to another, the chances are slim to none that it will fit like a glove.
You might be able to modify a tonneau cover from another truck to fit yours, but there’s no guarantee that you will succeed.
Truck designed changes frequently, meaning the boxes may have different shapes from one year to the next. The only way to know if it will fit is if the truck is the exact year, make, and model.
How much weight can Gator SFX Hold?
The Gator SFX shouldn’t be used to hold anything heavy because it is covered with vinyl, and you’ll risk stretching or puncturing the vinyl. Even tho the SFX has large reinforced bows; there is no support in between them.
The Gator Tonneau Cover is the most dominant product of its kind. People love that it is manufactured in the United States. The quality is high, and the cover is very durable. Without a doubt the best truck bed cover for under $300.
Overall I give the Gator SFX a C+.
As mentioned above, it does what it says it will do. And for the price, it is a steal if you can find a vendor that still has it in stock.
After testing the Lund Genesis Elite Soft Tri-Fold, I was relieved to stop searching for the SFX, knowing the Lund wasn’t just as good; it outperformed the SFX with its ease of use and durability due to the design differences.
If you’re having trouble finding the SFX, you may want to consider the Lund Genesis Elite Soft Tri-Fold. It is just as durable as its counterpart and is readily available by following the link above.
Read this if you want the best Chevy Silverado Tonneau Cover?
Here are 5 handy ways to make a tonneau cover: Alternatives for a Tonneau Cover.